Company History - PCS over the years

Until 1945

  • 1843
    Karl Friedrich Julius Pintsch sets up a repair shop for English gas meters in Berlin
  • 1924
    Merger of Julius Pintsch AG and Bamag Meguin AG to form Pintsch Bamag AG

1945 to 1990

  • 1949
    Transfer of Pintsch-Bamag AG to VEB Mechanik Gaselan
  • 1956
    Transfer of rail activities of VEB Mechanik Gaselan to VEB Fahrzeugausrüstung Berlin (FAGA)
  • 1990
    VEB Fahrzeugausrüstung Berlin becomes FAGA Fahrzeugausrüstung Berlin GmbH as a subsidiary of Deutscher Waggonbau AG

1990 to 2014

  • 1998
    Takeover of Deutsche Waggonbau AG und therefore also FAGA by Bombardier
  • 2003
    Integration of FAGA into PPC Germany GmbH by Bombardier
  • 2008
    Bombardier Transportation (Power Converter Solutions) Germany GmbH (PCS) is set up
  • 2010
    PCS taken over by private investors and renamed PCS Power Converter Solutions GmbH

Since 2014

  • 2014
    Takeover of PCS Power Converter Solutions GmbH by the Knorr-Bremse Group
  • 2016
    Change of company name of PCS Power Converter Solutions GmbH into Knorr-Bremse Powertech GmbH

Worldwide Offices

Berlin, Germany
+49 30 297725-0
info.berlin@kb-powertech.com

Holzkirchen, Germany
+49 8024 990-0
info.holzkirchen@kb-powertech.com

Mount Olive, USA
+1 973 527 6060
info.usa@kb-powertech.com

Sydney, Australia
+61 2 9674 9222
info.australia@kb-powertech.com

Wuxi, China
+86 510 6888 0513
info.china@kb-powertech.com

Share